Nominate a Beeston Business for a Best of Broxtowe Award
DO YOU KNOW someone who goes the extra mile for the local community in Broxtowe? Do you get service with a smile at your favourite local business? Local people are being urged to give their local heroes the recognition they deserve by nominating them for a Best of Broxtowe Borough Award.
The awards, which have been organised by Broxtowe Borough Council in conjunction with The Nottingham Post are a unique opportunity to celebrate everything that is great about the borough.
There are 12 different categories for the awards:
- Local Hero Award – An individual who has made a tangible difference to life in the borough – an unsung hero who puts a smile on people’s faces and is committed to the area.
- Young Achiever Award – A young person who has shown major potential – a rising star who is someone to watch in the future.
- Food & Drink Establishment Award – A business that produces or sells fantastic food and drink. The judges will be looking at quality, provenance and presentation and want to hear about the best place for a cuppa, pint, pizza, pie or pastry.
- Sports Personality of the Year – A local team, club or individual who has consistently excelled or defied the odds, putting the borough on the sporting map.
- Enabling the Community Award – A person, business or organisation that really goes the extra mile to help individuals, groups and community projects or simply enhances life in the area.
- Family Business of the Year – A vibrant business with a family at the heart of its operations, which helps give the borough its special local feel.
- New Business of the Year – A business established since January 2015. The judges will be looking for a brilliant idea that enhances the offer already available in the area.
- Retailer of the Year – A successful retail business of any size – whether independent or part of a chain – which contributes to the mix that makes the borough such a great place to live and shop.
- Small Business of the Year – A business that employs 20 staff or less engaged in any form of trade that helps shape the diverse offer for which the borough has become known.
- Health, Hair & Beauty Retailer of the Year – Honouring all types of hair salons, barbers, treatment centres and beauty businesses which excel at keeping people in the borough looking and feeling good.
- Local Website of the Year – A well-designed community or business website that is easy to use and keeps people in the community informed about what’s happening in the local area or puts the borough in the spotlight.
- Pride of Broxtowe Borough Award – This award will be presented to a nominee that deserves special recognition for the outstanding contribution they have made to the community, chosen by the judges.
Nominations can be made on the Nottingham Post website at www.nottinghampost.com/bestofbroxtoweborough. Closing date is on Friday 8th of April 2016.
Three finalists will be shortlisted in each category, then invited to a prestigious awards ceremony at the Walled Garden, Beeston Fields Golf Club on Thursday May 12th 2016.
Leader of Broxtowe Borough Council, Councillor Richard Jackson said: “Fantastic work goes on every day in our Borough, whether its community groups and organisations or local businesses and this is a great opportunity to celebrate that. We were keen to ensure that local people were at the heart of the awards so they can nominate for the people who they think make Broxtowe a great place where people enjoy living, working and spending leisure time.”